June Favorites

5:32 PM

Movies:

    • Now You See Me: I rented this movie and my expression the whole time watching was WOW. This is about four talented magicians who worked together to form a group called The Four Horsemen and perform never-before-seen magic shows in three cities. They didn't just decide to form The Four Horsemen by themselves, someone brought them together to achieve something, and that's the suspense of the story. This suspense, along with the captivating special effects of the magic performances that hook you from the beginning, make this movie a must-watch for me.
      • My rating: 8/10
    • Jurassic World: A theme park full of "real" dinosaurs?? I wish it were true! I loved Jurassic Park and I knew I definitely needed to watch Jurassic World. Although it wasn't as intensifying as Jurassic Park IMO, it definitely had its own seat-clenching moments. The animation and cinematography was AMAZING.
      • My rating: 7.5/10
    • Inside Out: This is the most creative and cutest movie ever. EVER. So there are five emotions: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, and Disgust, who reside in an eleven-year old's brain headquarters. They control her emotions, save her memories, and make her the person she is. In the movie, we follow the girl's experience moving to a new city, and how her emotions help her deal with the big life change. But then of course things go all wrong when Joy outdoes herself, but you'll have to see the movie yourself to find out more. I never thought I'd enjoy exploring a brain of an eleven year old. It makes me remember the good old days when I was little...
      • My rating: 9/10
  • TV shows:
    • The Mindy Project: My friends have been watching this from season one, and I couldn't watch it because I didn't want to jump in from the middle of a season. So this summer, I got a Hulu subscription, and started from the beginning. I am hooked! It is about a woman named Dr. Mindy Lahiri, who is in her thirties and just wants to settle down with someone and have a family, but it's hard when you're a successful OB/GYN running a private practice with two other hot doctors. This show is witty, hilarious, and just... adorable... in an adult type of way. Just for the record, I am a huge fan of Mindy Kaling ever since the Office. I read her biography and everything, and since we are both Desi girls raised in America, I feel like we are homegirls all the way. This show she wrote just proves how talented she is, and is inspiration for us Desi girls who thought we were too dark to be part of TV shows or movies. Hard work pays off people! It truly pays off.
      • My rating (so far): 8.5/10
    • Queen InHyun's Man (Korean Drama): So one thing I love is my Korean dramas. I am OBSESSED with Korean dramas. They are just what I want in entertainment: a love story with some magical fantasy related events, love triangles, kissing scenes, rich-guy-falls-in-love-with-poor-girl, etc. This Kdrama was too cute so I had to share. It's about a scholar from the historic past who time-travels and meets a rising TV actress from the modern world, and together they help change Korean history. I personally loved the couple in this drama (Ji Hyun Woo and Yoo In Na) more than the story plot. They have such amazing chemistry. It's probably because the chemistry was real and they actually dated while filming this drama.
      • My rating: 6.5/10
  • Makeup:
    • Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm: This is perfect for a pop of summer color. It's super smooth and buttery as it glides on the lips; like chapstick only with a fantastic matte color. I like how it's not so bright so that I can use it with my everyday makeup look and that you can twist the bottom upwards when you run out of balm.
      • 8/10
    • Em The Great Cover Up Concealer: I use this concealer daily. It's not watery at all and a little goes a long way! It's so easy to pat under the eye area as well. I find my drugstore concealers are very thick compared to this one, and that isn't good because I have to really rub the concealer to blend it into my skin. But this concealer doesn't need that much force and just smoothly blends in.
      • 8/10
In this picture I used the products mentioned above =)

Let me know in the comment section if you have watched/used any of these favorites. And I'd love recommendations as well!

You Might Also Like

0 comments